You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘pixel dolls’ tag.
Grim Bros never fails to please if you love the strange, unusual clothes, avatars, skins, and gadgets to be found in Second Life. The shoes and hats at Grim Bros are to die for.. really.
To lure you into her little shop of oddities, Cutea Benelli, designer and proprietress of Grim Bros has a Midnight Mania Gorilla. Once there, the trap is sprung, of course, and you can hardly escape without parting with some of your hard-won L$. But it’s for a good cause, because when we spend L$ in their shops, our favourite designers are motivated to design more stuff for us to buy. See? A win-win all the way around!
Anyway, shown above is the most recent Gorilla Mania prize, the Madame Poupee gown, in red. As always, it’s a beautiful treasure from Grim Bros.. and not to be missed. A word of warning, The Gorilla prizes change with alarming frequency; so if you delay, you will miss out.
Worn with this luscious gown is a skin from Kleineschwein. These lovely skins are wonderfully simple, and bring to mind the courts of Louis XVI with pale makeups, lush red lips, and moles that are perfectly placed. Try a demo pack (free) to check them for yourself. Note, if you like the tan skins that everybody seems to be wearing lately, these unusual skins may not be for you.
The hairstyle is from [M&K] Hidden Treasures, and it’s one we’ve brought back out for Halloween. At 100L$, it’s a bargain, and one that will disappear on All Soul’s Day.
The half-mask, Chicanery, from Favole, is a donation item at Horrorfest, with 100% of the sale price going to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation.
Pixel Dolls also has a gift for you, all of you. It’s a wonderful autumn colour version of the new Diane dress, and looks so appropriate for this time of year. Pick it up in the main lobby of Pixel Dolls, then take the time to look around the shop — there are some great deals here, and Pixel Dolls products are always crafted with quality in mind!
- Favole at Horrorfest: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Floyd/186/71/22
- Horrorfest Blog: http://horrorfestsl.blogspot.com/
- Grim Bros: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Clematis%20Island/121/53/22
- Pixel Dolls: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/128/128/258
- Kleineschwein: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Eyre/28/112/2
- [M&K] Hidden Treasures: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edgewater/166/169/23
Pixel Dolls has four new blouses out for women. There have been frequent new releases at Pixel Dolls lately, and new releases always have special (low) pricing for the first 24 hours.. but four blouses for free?
If you’re not in the Pixel Dolls subscribe group, definitely join it. The group won’t take up a group space and you get early notices of all Pixel Doll new releases as well as notices about some of the great sales Pixel Dolls is renown for.
You’ll ind these blouses tucked neatly in the gift boxes in the new releases section at Pixel Dolls.
Yep, it’s that time of year again: time to head to the shops to try on dozens of swimsuits in an attempt to find the one that hides most of our figure flaws.
I’ve had some of the swimsuits shown in this post for quite some time. All are still available, though some may no longer be available for free.
Of course, few of us have that problem in SL, which means that we can concentrate our search on finding the cutest styles, like the bikini (complete with sarong) from Ema’s. This is an old MM win, but good news, it’s now in the Lucky Chairs just outside Ema’s Mall.
The cute, tomboy style swimsuit, above, is from Ibizarre. I love the modified boycut on this suit. You can find Allie in the Ibizarre Palamos Island shop.
Ray Skin has some of the cutest clothes on the grid. The frilly, cuddly, adorable clothes found at Ray Skin are definitely for girly girls.
The bikinis above and below can both be found at Ray Skin. There are dollarbies all over the shop (which is huge!). The Blue one above is called +Border+, the cute skirt style bikini below is called +Mitzutama+.
Most of the skins used in this post are the White Wolf vampire clan skins from Smash Face. These are actually retiring skins from the older B. Bodenhall and Domestic-V lines.
The skin below is from Loser, and is currently in the MM board. If you missed this skin earlier and want to pick it up, now would be a good time. Tan lines are a separate layer from Pixel Dolls.
The free tint-able bikini is also from Pixel Dolls, and comes in both tied and untied versions.
The retro Watermelon One Piece (above) is a cute swimsuit from Vextra Messing that can be worn with capris for a fun look. You can find it behind the front counter for only 1L$. There are two dollarbie bikinis there too!
The Snakeskin version of the SD Connection swimsuit was sent out to SD Wears subscribe members a while ago, and a check shows it’s no longer in past messages. However, you can find this swimsuit in other patterns and colours in three packs for 175L$ a pack.. that’s less than 60L$ a swimsuit!
While you’re in the shop, don’t forget to check the Midnight Mania board, and subscribe to receive news about new releases from SD Wears.
- Ema’s: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Golem%20Oyland/159/133/26
- Ibizarre: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Palamos%20Island%201/167/16/23
- Ray Skin: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Zorin/69/230/22
- Pixel Dolls: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/102/156/258
- Vextra Messing: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Freydis/110/228/79
- SD Wears: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dubya%20City/45/174/26
Poses are from Diesel Works, Striking Poses, and LAP.
Photographed on location near The Mother Road.
Ok, so I couldn’t come up with a catchy title.
But I think you’ll agree that it’s ok that I didn’t come up with a catchy title when you see the clothes.
- Skully Dress by STC (lucky board): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Anders/154/63/27
- Romi Hat from Donna Flora: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Garman/205/99/102
- Martha hairstyle from Rezlpsa Loc: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Azrael/53/154/22
- Shoes from Dilly Dolls (old MM gift): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Onyx%20Noir/212/222/29
- Atlantis Jacket from Pixel Dolls (subscribo gift): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/129/124/258
- LPset 0018 pants from Last Period: http://slurl.com/secondlife/PERIOD/138/87/100
- Muffler type A from Last Period (lucky board prize): http://slurl.com/secondlife/PERIOD/138/87/100
- LPset 0018 pants suit from Last Period: http://slurl.com/secondlife/PERIOD/138/87/100
- Thea Dress Mermaid from STC (99L$.. but free with a gift card): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Anders/154/63/27
- Daisy Lingerie Periwinkle from STC (40L$.. but free with a gift card): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Anders/154/63/27
- Kick Arse Boots from The UNeek (group gift): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Artisan/35/77/25
- Nyanotech 09-1A Hair – Nai from Curious Kitties (not free): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Curious%20Kitties/208/110/21
This post is filled with random gifts and freebies – both new and old, most of the items shown below are recent freebies, but a couple are no longer available.
Shown above on the left is a camping gift from Umi Usagi. The jacket, shirt, short pants, and belt can be yours for a mere 90 minutes. The stockings are a past subscribe gift from Miel (still in notices!), and boots are a past gift from Nait Smith Designs. The boots are no longer available for free.. sorry. Hair is from JetDoll, skin is from GeEs (not free).
On the right, the focus is on all-out glamour with the Silver sequin gown from Paris Metro (DSN gift) and silver Khan slingbacks from Enkythings. The shoes are a new release, and Enktan Gully, owner of Enkythings, is giving them out for free for a limited time.
- Umi Usagi: http://slurl.com/secondlife/UmiUsagi/128/129/600
- Paris Metro: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Earthsea%20Isle/32/63/23
- Miel: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cupcake/194/57/38
- JetDoll: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bangu/37/49/31
- Enkythings: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Orbiuna/176/126/25
- GeEs: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Four%20Our%20Hope/95/116/1001
Shown above on the left are some cute in-store gifts from Aphrodite Creations. The shoes and tank top are available as free samples, just drop by and pick them up in the shop. The skirt is another great MM win from JetDoll. Seriously, the MM board at JetDoll has had some great prizes lately, you really should stop by and slap it.
On the right is a sweet ensemble from Pixel Dolls. Pixel Dolls has a 10L$ sale going on right now, stop by and pick up some fantastic bargains on Pixel Doll goods that will soon be retired. The scarf and dress shown above were not free, but were so inexpensive it’s absolutely silly. The shoes were a past gift from Aphrodite Creations.
- Aphrodite Creations: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Breakers%20dAlliez/226/31/24
- Pixel Dolls: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/129/124/258
It’s simple: Pixel Dolls has some brand new dresses out. What’s the catch? You know there’s a catch — there’s always a catch.
Well, the catch is this: They’re absolutely free!
Yep, you read that correctly. The wonderful dresses shown above are yours, courtesy of the nice folks at Pixel Dolls. Teleport to the shop to pick up these great finds, then stay to pick up a few other bargains.
Clothes at Pixel Dolls are exceptionally well-priced, you can find a ton of great outfits and separates beginning at 50L$.
Look at the stunning gown I picked up with a 100L$ gift card. And I have fallen in love with the Timepiece Collection. Just look at the wonderful gown below, also at the ridiculously low price of only 100L$.
In case you couldn’t decide on one of the bikinis in my previous post about bikinis here, here are three more to make you decision even harder.
This striking tankini is from Pididdle, the colour shown was a free gift in the shop, there are several more colours available (not free) if you’re not fond of green.
At Ema’s you can pick up this sweet checked bikini (complete with sarong) as the gift for July.
- Ema’s: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Golem%20Oyland/170/130/26
- Pididdle: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Horst/15/237/21
- Pixel Dolls: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/129/93/258
Background is a RL photo of the beach near me.
The owner of The U-Neek just keeps adding more great stuff in the star hunt. The latest addition is a cool pair of pants for guys.. with a few funky teeshirts thrown in for good measure.
And the skins!
Let’s just say they’re a little.. different.
Hawk is decked out in some of the men’s dollarbies from The U-Neek. The fractal pants are great for girls too. I love the skin Shang is wearing, it’s one of the skin duck dollarbies at U-Neek.
The shirt Shang is wearing is the latest (subscribo) group gift from Pixel Dolls. Pixel Dolls is having a 10L$ retirement sale.. includes skins! It’s ending soon, so if you want some Pixel Doll clothes at a great price you better hurry.
The owner/designer of The U-Neek is also a very talented artist, check her gallery upstairs for a psychedelic feast for the eyes!
Random stuff that is just a mishmash of things I’ve purchased (all 100L$ or less), and some good quality freebies I’ve picked up. Some of these you might still be able to pick up, others were limited editions, and may no longer be available.
- Skirt from Prim and Pixel (0L$): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rebels%20Haven/76/196/22
- Corset, blouse, gloves, and lace collar from Pixel Dolls (purchased with free MM gift cards): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dubya%20City/60/206/25
- Skin from  (dollarbie): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Snatch%20City/206/105/29
- Hair from Miriel’s (100L$): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Miriel/135/64/33
- Hat is past gift from ::KC:: (sorry, couldn’t find it, may no longer exist)
- Infected Shirt from Rotten Toe (50L$): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Slayton/22/128/24
- Evil Ring Master Pants from Rotten Toe (50L$): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Slayton/22/128/24
- Skull Wellies from past Crimson Shadows hunt (0L$): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Crimson%20Shadow%20Rezzable/146/152/38
- Skin from MiaSnow (past Lucky Chair win): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hwang/102/68/119
- White Jumpsuit, Dancing Queen, from Lemania Indigo Designs(retiring dollarbie): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lemania/86/68/26
Hawk and I were having afternoon tea (yes, it seems that SL follows RL in that guys still like to lounge around the house in their underwear), and I told him about a strange dream I’d had the other night.
I was in my room at first, and felt dizzy.
Suddenly, I was small.. and everything in my room was huge!
As I poked about my now unfamiliar belongings, I found a doorway.. one that I had never noticed when I was my normal size.. in a corner of my room. It glowed and pulsed, I probably shouldn’t have opened it — but I couldn’t resist.
When I stepped through the door, I fell down and down.. until I dropped onto the ground of a world I could only have dreamed.
Such incredible sights to behold!
There was a giant cupcake off to one corner, it had a huge sign on it that said “Eat Me”. It looked yummy, so without a second thought, I took a piece and bit into it.
With one bite I was my own size again.. and back in my bed.
The dream seemed so real at the time, but as I lay in my bed I knew it must have been a dream.
It was a dream.. wasn’t it?
- Dress: Wunderlich (X Hunt gift)
- Hair: Nikki, from Maitreya (top picture)
- Hair: Childish Pleasures by Find Ash (group gift)
- Skin: Anna, from Pixel Dolls (top picture, group gift)
- Skin: Misses Lovett (1L$). Lost the LM, but it’s an Eloh Eliot base skin.
- Eyes: Visitors, Twilight Series Limited Edition, from :: Genesis ::
- Slips: Monthly Freebie For May, from Vitamen (group gift)
- Hair: Lestat II, from Jolie Femme
- Skin: PXL Creations
- Tatoo: Serpent (gift), Demise (free)
- Eyes: Anger, Twilight Series Limited Edition, from :: Genesis ::