You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘m$k’ tag.
Lofty Aspirations will be at SL9B for a week starting 18 June 2012. Inside the gallery you will find products from [M&K] and great artwork! Nothing can be sold at SL9B… BUT… we have put out some past hunt hairstyles for FREE!
If you’re wondering what SL9B is, you can read more here.
Stop by and pick up these oldies but goodies while you can because after a SL9B they go back into my inventory.
- Lofty Aspirations and [M&K] at SL9B: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/DreamSeeker%20SL9B%20Negen/192/177/22
We know you’ve been sitting on pins and needles all year waiting for this one.
It’s weird, wild, and wonderful.
It’s the Third Annual Crazy Hair Hunt!
This year, Treebee, the madwoman behind the Crazy Hair Hunt, challenged us to create a hairstyle under the theme “Flora and Fauna”. Alternative hairstylists from across Second Life stepped up to the plate to offer their designs, and wow! Did they come up with some good ones!Many of these are one-of-a-kind designs that will never again be available outside of the hunt. So have fun, take your time, and get wild and crazy for one of the weirdest hunts on the grid.
Shown above is Spider Plant, from Rosey Mood. Paired with a skin from Grim Bros, how can you not love this look?
You can take your pet sheep everywhere with you when you’re wearing Corvis Szpiegel (try saying that three times fast!) from [hate this]. I love the moss hair!
When looking to wear one of these more unconventional styles, look beyond the “norm” and pair it with a colourful skin, and prim ears to make a look that’s all your own.
Purple Mystica headdress from [M&K], shown above, can be worn as an almost there style (It’s perfect for a fae!), or wear it as a hat with your favourite hairstyle. Don’t you just love options?
Love Care Bears?
Love flippy hair?
Then this style is for you! Care bear on a swing also comes in a hat only version so that you can take your Care Bear with you where ever you go.
On noos.. the squirrels are packing their store of food in my hair! This cute style is from .:EMO-tions:., and you can get it for free in the Crazy Hair Hunt!
Please note: I’m not giving direct landmarks to the specific styles blogged. The Crazy Hair Hunt can be joined at any spot in the hunt (it’s a round-robin hunt), so just pick a shop and get started.. it’s that easy!
The Official Crazy Hair Hunt Bloggers:
- Burenrings Crystal – L’amant : http://lamantsl.blogspot.com/
- DAngel Mirajkar – Sit here Slap This: http://yermawn.blogspot.co.uk/
- Eden Knoller – Freestyle: http://slfreestyle.blogspot.co.uk/
- Evelin Felwich – Be Beautiful in SL: http://bebeautifulinsl.blogspot.com/
- Jacqui Pobieski – Crybaby: http://crybabysl.blogspot.co.uk/
- Olela Parx – Olela Alert!: http://olela.blogspot.co.uk/
- Rudhmellowen Laguna- SeraphimSL: http://www.seraphimsl.com
- Shangreloo Kuhn – On the Loose in Second Life: http://shangreloo.wordpress.com
- Wise Sandalwood – Ensconced in Velvet: http://luv4country.com/blog/
I’ve put out a special colour of the Two Pence if You Guess What’s Under Me Hat hairstyle. You can pick it up at Lofty Aspirations.
- [M&K] at Lofty Aspirations: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edgewater/172/172/22
You had to know that a shop like Grim Bros would be kicking off Halloween early with some great products, a freebie, and a Halloween area to explore. Take a friend with you to the Halloween area.. trust me on this. There’s a not-so-scary and a scary area, you’ll need to hold someone’s hand in the scary area.
And while you’re exploring Grim Bros, don’t forget to teleport down to the shop, a landmark is included at the bottom of this post for your teleporting convenience. Grim Bros always has goodies you can pick up for free, and the shoes are to die for. The shoes at Grim Bros are some of the most creative shoes on the grid, many following a concept or theme.. and many of them have moving parts!
Besides awesome prices on beautifully textured gothic and macabre clothing, you’ll find freebie deals like the Gifting Gorilla, mini-manias, a matching game, and random freebies around the shop. With Halloween approaching, look for little pumpkins containing prizes too.
All of the clothing shown in this post is from Grim Bros, and all of these were free! Hairstyles and hats (with the exception of grimpengrumpkin) are from [M&K], located at Lofty Aspirations.
- Grim Bros Main Shop: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Clematis%20Island/126/48/22
- Grim Bros Halloween fun: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Clematis%20Island/213/181/282
- [M&K] at Lofty Aspirations: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edgewater/172/172/22
I love the outfits at Vendom, they’ve long been personal favourites.
Today I have two outfits for you, one for guys and one for girls, both from the Lucky Chairs at Vendom.
Demonic Master, shown above, was a Lucky Chair win. I love it when designers pack goods for both men and women into their Lucky Chairs! Everything shown above us included except the shape, skin, hair and eyes. Hairstyle is from [M&K] Hidden Treasures, located at Lofty Aspirations Gallery. All eyes in this post are from Banana Banshee.
Demonic Bride, shown above and below, is in the Lucky Chairs (along with a lot of other awesome stuff). It takes three wins to get the entire outfit, but this is a LOT of outfit! Even the wings and shoes are included with this great outfit.
If you want to play Doctor, you couldn’t ask for a sexier nurse outfit than the one shown below. Demonic Medic is a Midnight Mania win from Vendom. It only takes 50 slaps of the Midnight Mania to convince it to hand over this hot pink and white set, so grab 50 of your best friends and head on over to Vendom. Boots, wings, and ultra-curvaceous girly shape are included.
- Vendom: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Blue%20Phoenix/32/16/35
- [M&K] Hidden Treasures: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edgewater/172/172/22
- Banana Banshee: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fantasy%20Dreams/182/108/801
You can see artwork by Shangreloo Kuhn through the end of February at Aneli’s Gallery.
This exhibit includes new some pieces as well as [M&K] products that utilise my original real life artwork.
You’ll find my work on the fifth floor of the gallery. After you check my work, take the time to check out the work of other artists sharing the space at Aneli’s Gallery. The grand opening is Monday, 21 February 2011 (You don’t want to miss it!).. but you can always stop by a little early to pick up some great artwork for your home or office.
- Aneli’s Gallery (5th Floor): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Boom/172/229/108
I’ve been trying to do this post for two days now, but WordPress wasn’t letting me insert photos, or really do much but write text to my blog.
The Crazy Arse Hair Hunt is well under way and, after having stopped to pick up a few hairstyle myself, I can say that the designers participating in this hunt have outdone themselves.
For a more comprehensive look at the amazing hairstyle to be found in the hunt, go here: http://shayariels-world-of-sl-fashion.blogspot.com/2010/07/crazy-arse-hair-hunt-part-2.html?zx=278ea0f1dcf7a763. Shayariel has put together a nifty slide show of many of the hairstyles to be found.
And did I mention.. these hairstyles are amazing!
Styling Details Above:
- Hair – La Boheme, from the CAHH2: http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Wash/222/75/24
- Skin – White Queen, from Miasnow: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mirrordeep/9/189/116
- Eyes – House of Ruin: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pulse/232/173/30
- Jewelry – Piscean, from Tekeli-li: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hollow%20Earth%20Barony/97/60/33
- Gown – Ariel, Ice, Kouse’s Sanctum, from a past Perfect Snowflake Hunt: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Avilion%20Peninsula/128/37/22
These are some of the most original designers to be found in-world, and these hairstyles and re-colours of hairstyles, are unique to the Crazy Arse Hair Hunt.
The theme was “monster” hairstyles, and every designer stepped up to the challenge of designing a monster of a hairstyle for the hunt. While some bring to mind old movies, others are simply monstrously beautiful, while some are monstrously unusual.
Details for the look above:
- Hair - Anemone from Tekeli-li – Crazy Arse Hair Hunt: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hollow%20Earth%20Barony/97/60/33
- Skin – Miasnow: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mirrordeep/9/189/116
- Gown – Jupiter, from Evie’s Closet: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Oubliette/180/184/38
- Eyes – Android Eyes, from House of Ruin, Pulse location: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pulse/232/173/30
Details for picture above:
- Hair – Black Swan from TTF – Crazy Arse Hair Hunt: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Folk%20Factory/75/75/39
- Anna Skin from Pixel Dolls (may not be available): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Seraphine/166/166/258
- Vampiric Eyes from Vanilla C. Designs: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dark%20White%20World/114/133/42
- Blouse from Paris Metro: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tuscarora/24/115/23
- Pirate Mate (vest shown) from Deviance Lucky Cupcake: http://slurl.com/secondlife/FairChang%20Vista%20NW/75/169/25
- Ina Pearl Necklace from Chuculet: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Taunt/98/131/23
From my own shop, [M&K] Hidden Treasures, the creepy Tarantula! hairstyle pays homage to the 1950′s B flick of the same name.
- Hairstyle – Tarantula! from [M&K] – Crazy Arse Hair Hunt: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bae/23/39/555
- Replicant Skin from , no longer available.
- Eyes – Red Crystal Cyborg Eyes from Baiastice (may no longer be available): http://slurl.com/secondlife/BAIASTICE/154/126/26
- Facial Piercings from Collisions: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Gallinas/98/16/58
- Seductive Steel outfit from Ho Wear: http://slurl.com/secondlife/GoldenBusinessArea5/139/206/22
Start the hunt at The UNeek.
Poses from Diesel Works.
I saw a blog post about a very cool looking sim at Another World blog.
The sim, Lunamaruna, is wonderful, and reminds me of the work of Strawberry Holiday. The creator of Lunamaruna describes it as a mix of Dr. Seuss, Van Gogh, and Antoni Gaudi; and I can definitely see the influence of all three artists in the Lunamaruna build.
The installation is a beautiful swirl of hand drawn textures and wild colours that make this real life artist’s exhibit a must see.
Wearing the lovely Lillian hairstyle from Vignette, fashioned after Ms. Gish’s perfectly unruly locks, Shang takes a stand in ankle boots from GF while she keeps an eye on visitors to Lunamuruna.
Clothing worn in the pictures above are from CoG (free), except for the jacket which was a SF Designs vendor item at the RFL Clothing Fair. The wonderful skin (Pretty Goth – Snow) is from Deviant Kitties, and is on sale right now at an unbelievable price.
And yes, in answer to your question, souvenirs are available for purchase. You can buy some friends of your own to play with (don’t you just adore friends who are easily bought?), or a pretty pipe to blow lovely bubbles. They’re not expensive, and the funds go to help a starving artist bring more art into the SL grid.. and we all like art, don’t we?
If you love mermaid tails, check out the new Siren flex tails from Pacific Sunrise. I love the Abyss Siren tail, shown above. Not free, these tails hide your landlubber legs fully, giving you the long sleek look you love to see in a good tail. Ears are included.
The skin is one of the MilanaRoma skins from Plastik, this particular shade being Luna(Deco)-Rome. Mer mohawk is from M&K. The metallic version is no longer available, but we do have other great colours for you to see.. and only 75L$ per colour!
- Lunamuruna: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lennox%20Hill/33/171/3811
- CoG: http://slurl.com/secondlife/FAR%20Islands%20Mainland/73/84/248
- Deviant Kitties: http://slurl.com/secondlife/ploom/132/167/3004
- Plastik: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Plastik/113/161/135
- Pacific Sunrise: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pangaia/157/101/2001
- [M&K]: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bae/13/47/555
Lunamruna was seen on Another World, blog. You can check out Another World blog here: http://isabealjupiter.blogspot.com/
The Crazy Arse Hair Hunt ends with April. If you haven’t gotten out to do this hunt yet, you still have time to complete the entire hunt. It’s not a long hunt, and most of the designers have hidden the hair ball (does that sound like a sick cat joke?) in relatively easy to find places.
The metallic mohawk on the left is the hunt gift from [M&K]. This colour variation of “blame it on treebee” will be gone when the hunt ends, so you better grab it now if you like it. If black is more your style, there is a black version of “blame it on treebee” available for absolutely free at Savoir Hair.
Want a different colour? We have those too!
The ice (blue) and fire (red-orange) versions are avaiable in our shop for just 75L$ each.
Savoir Hair has reopened to the public with a new look and some cool new hairstyles. Don’t worry, many of your old favourites are still there, but if you haven’t been to Savoir Hair in a while.. now is the perfect time to go!
First up is an edgy new mohawk from [M&K] Hidden Treasures, now available at Savoir Hair for the amazing low price of 0L$. This is a first for us, and we hope to be dreaming up more alternative hairstyles for you in the future.
Kele, from -dD-, is the perfect dread hairstyle. These short little dreads compliment a variety of skins and clothing styles. You can pick up this short do at Savoir Hair for 0L$.
And last we have a cute neko-gone-really spaced out hairstyle, Maen, from Curious Kitties. This fun style is colour change with a HUD from. The HUD comes in three prices depending on how much versatility you want.
You can get these hairstyles, and so much more, at Savoir Hair: all for 0L$ to 1L$ each.
- Savoir Hair: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hairspray%202/128/91/27