There was once a girl who lived a life of luxury and ease. “You’re your mother’s daughter,” people would tell her because she preferred to wander in the lush estate gardens rather than attend to her studies.
- Clothes from WhoNose: http://slurl.com/secondlife/LVS%20Drive/66/75/22
- Hair from Exile: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Covet/137/30/27
- Skin from Cyanide: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Estival%20Island/154/73/22
- Pose from Diesel Works (Celeste set): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Brooklyn/125/182/503
- Photographed on location at Antique Artistry : http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fatimas%20Wonderland/107/110/54
While lounging in the garden one morning she found the intricately carved music box. No one seemed to know where it came from or who it belonged to. She was intrigued with the treasure she’d found, and would spend hours watching the little ballerina twirling on her pointed toes.
- Dress from Oblivion: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Paperweight/31/66/24
- Photographed at The Woodshed: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Woodshed/15/236/28
One day, returning from the gardens she loved so much, she stopped by her father’s office when she heard him speaking to another man. Her father was interviewing a prospective Captain for his newest ship.
He was a dashing young Spaniard, and her heart skipped a beat when her father introduced her to him.
“Encantado señorita.” he said with a brush of his lips to the back of her hand.
She fell wildly in love with him. All would have ended happily except that he had another love, a mistress she simply couldn’t compete with; after all, how does a mere human compete with the mystery and majesty of the open sea?
- Clothes from Arundel: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Township/206/92/23
- Skin from MMS (no longer available)
- Pose by Diesel Works (Adonis set): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Brooklyn/125/182/503
- Photographed on location at Black Spot Shipyard: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Black%20Spot/146/159/24
“I wish I could be like her, always carefree and dancing.” she said quietly. “Perhaps if was more like this little dancer, he would love me in return.”
- Dress from Wishbox Midnight Mania: http://slurl.com/secondlife/BraveHearts/179/234/26
- Skin from the GeEs Scandinavian series: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Four%20Our%20Hope/95/116/1001
- Hair from Calico Ingman Creations (Christmas gift): http://slurl.com/secondlife/Calico%20Kitty/123/23/26
What she didn’t know was that the little dancer had made a similar wish once, and had become a captive of the music box until she could be released by another wishing to take her place.
She lives in the music box now, but the girl’s dance is not the happy carefree dance of the previous dancer. Instead her dance is a dance of loss and despair. She dances still, waiting patiently for another to take her place inside the music box.
Be careful what you wish for.. sometimes they come true.
- Dress from Crystal Queendom (old gift, may no longer be available): http://slurl.com/secondlife/River%20Island/129/174/734
- Skin from Tacky Star: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Harold/82/168/22
- Hair from Hairy Situations: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fleets%20Cove%20Beach/37/95/21
About the music box:
The music box is from Studio Sidhe. It includes colour change script and nine ballerina poses.. both twirling and stationary. You can watch a short youtube video of the box in action here.
- Studio Sidhe: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Moonsong/175/82/26